Our Luon XMPP service is one of the oldest service we have. It is unfortunately not connected to your Luon account and there has a different password; this might change in the future.
For more information about XMPP, see: xmpp.org.
Credentials & IDs
When using XMPP you get assigned an ID, the Jabber ID, which is of the form
user is your Luon username.
To log in using an XMPP client such as Empathy or Pidget, you need to enter this ID and the configured password.
Our XMPP service has the following features enabled on top of the basic sending and receiving of messages:
- Blocklists: block users that are annoying
- Carbons: send carbon copies of sent/received messages to other devices so the chat history is also present there
- Cloud notification: get push notification of new messages on mobile
- HTTP uploads: upload/attach pictures and videos to your messages
- Message archive: get/synchronize messages history between logins and clients
- Mobile improvements: don’t keep your phone awake with trivial status messages that will drain the battery
- Multi-user chat: chatrooms with multiple participants
- SOCKS proxy: enables file transfers from/to clients behind NAT
- Stream acknowledgements: know if your message arrived